In a world where we are constantly bombarded with choices, it’s only natural that we would look to others to help us make decisions. After all, if other people have already tried something and liked it, there’s a good chance that we will too.
This is what social proof and social proof software tools are all about. It’s the idea that we are more likely to do something if we see that other people are doing it. And there are powerful tools that businesses can use to increase conversion rates and sales.
But what is the best social proof software? And when should you use it?
If you want some social proof examples, and recommendations on how you can immediately boost your business with social proof, read on.
What is Social Proof?
Social proof is the act of using a testimonial or endorsement from a satisfied customer to increase conversion rates on your website or landing page.
The idea is that if someone has already had a positive experience with your product or service, then prospects are more likely to convert as well. It’s a way of using social validation to increase conversions. When prospects see that others have had success with your product or service, they’ll be more likely to convert as well.
In other words, social proof is a form of social validation that can help boost your conversion rates. It gives your website visitors a comfort level that they are making the correct decision by spending money with you.
The best social proof tools can help you add social proof to your website or landing page in a simple and effective way.
What are the Benefits of Using Social Proof Software?
There are several benefits of using social proof software tools, including:
- Social proof tools can have a significant impact on your conversion rates.
- It builds trust and credibility: When prospective customers see that others have had a positive experience with your product or service, they’re more likely to trust your business. Users want confidence in their decisions and a major psychological benefit is reading how other users benefited like they want to by using your product.
Social Proof Uses
There are several different types of social proof, including:
These are quotes from happy customers that you can showcase on your website or landing page. They can be in written or video format (video testimonials) and are a great way to build trust and credibility. Website visitors can read these prior to making a purchase.
These are in-depth stories about how your product or service helped solve a problem for a customer.
Seeing the logos of big names next to yours can give your business instant credibility.
Celebrity / Influencer Endorsements
This has been used for years and is extremely effective. When a famous person endorses your product, other people will want to try it out.
These are great at reducing pre-sale anxiety and are used by everyone. If you’re wavering on a purchase, but you see 25 other people have rated the product a 4.9 out of 5, it may entice the user to purchase immediately.
Live People Counter
This will show your users how many people are currently browsing the site or a specific page. This is helpful as users are shown to be more comfortable using a site that is popular.
Sale History Notifications
This is a great notification that says other people are engaging with this website and so should you!
This is a great FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) notification that invokes a sense of urgency for the user.
Low Stock notifications
This is another great FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) notification that says if the user waits, the item might soon be sold out!
21 Best Social Proof Software Tools
We’ve compiled a list of the best Social Proof software tools for you. Let’s get to it!
Customer Review Tools
These social proof tools focus mostly on collecting, analyzing, and displaying reviews for you.
Trustpilot is a social proof software tool that helps you collect and showcase testimonials from happy customers. You can display the testimonials on your website or landing page, in written or video testionials format. Trustpilot also offers customer reviews, case studies, and logos of well-known brands that you’ve worked with.
- Does one thing and does it extremely well
- A solid solution for review collection and display
- Some people have complained that reviews can be faked
- Some people have complained that legitimate reviews are removed in error
- Content integrity is questioned
- Standard Plan – $225/month
- Scale Plan – $900/month
- Enterprise Plan – Call to discuss
Shopper Approved is a social proof software tool that helps you collect and showcase customer reviews. You can display the reviews on your website or landing page, in written or video testimonials format. Shopper Approved also offers testimonials, case studies, and logos of well-known brands that you’ve worked with.
Manage your online reputation, visibility, and traffic by giving your customers the ability to leave reviews on dozens of review platforms across the web. More positive reviews in more places create more trust and higher conversion rates.
- Easy to use
- Multiple types of review products
- Seller Ratings
- Product Reviews
- Video Reviews
- Reputation Management
- Some people have complained about pricing inconsistency based on quotes received
- Free 45 day trial
- Rating & Review Optimizer – $124/month
- Rating & Review Optimizer Pro – $199/month
- The Traffic & Conversion Stack – $294/month
- Ultimate Traffic & Conversion Stack – $449/month
Reevoo is a social proof tool that helps you collect and showcase customer reviews. Reevoo collects real reviews, connects people in order to answer questions or start conversations with those they trust most – people like them, and displays content from real people.
- Less automated solution
- More proactive content collection than some competitors
- Reevoo collects, tags, and publishes your customer reviews for you
- Software is good at data collection from your customers
- Less automated solution
- Pricing is on a per-quote basis
- Must call for a quote.
Power Reviews is a social proof tool that helps you collect and showcase customer reviews. You can collect more and better Ratings & Reviews and other user-generated content. They help to maximize conversion rates by creating the best Ratings and Reviews program for you.
- User and implementation friendly
- Simple front-end experience
- Good customer service experience
- Some people would like to see more integrations with existing e-commerce platforms
- Some people would like the ability to customize more features such as the dashboard
- Some people have said the backend has a learning curve to it
- Not displayed on website
Feefo is a social proof tool that helps you collect and showcase customer reviews. But they do more than just collect reviews… they help you translate your customer feedback into actionable insights that will increase sales, boost traffic and improve your brand’s reputation. All Feefo Reviews are provided by verified buyers, helping you provide better experiences to your customers.
- Integrates with the leading marketing platforms
- Platform could be more intuitive
- Some people have complained that they would like more features in the platform
- Essential – $100/month
- Essential Plus – call for pricing
- Advanced – call for pricing
- Enterprise – call for pricing
A free trial is available.
Boast collects testimonies with a simple collection app. It offers an easy way to get and share customer testimonials for your business.
- Easy to use
- Easy to integrate
- Some users would like a bit more customization to match their own website styling
- Basic – $59/month – 50 responses per month
- Team – $119/month – 150 responses per month
- Premium – $249/month – 500 responses per month
- Free 14 day trial
- All plans are discounted when paying annually
Repuso allows you to display social testimonials & reviews on your own website as social proof. They use existing channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and Yelp to be the collection source of the reviews, and Repuso’s software displays them on your website.
- Easy-to-understand design
- Over 30 channel integrations to collect review data
- Some users would like to see a site refresh it looks more appealing
- Basic – $12/month – 2 widgets
- Enhanced – $27/month – unlimited widgets
- Agency – $33/month – unlimited widgets, white label
- 10-day free trial
- Discounts if paying annually
Yotpo is more than a review platform, but we wanted to include them here since they can assist with collecting and displaying reviews.
- Easy to use and implement
- Some users would like it to be more customizable without a Premium plan
- Some users would like the interface to be updated
- Some users were unhappy with customer service
- Free – up to 50 orders a month, limited functionality
- Growth – $15/month
- Prime – $119/month
Functionality increases with each plan
Social Proof Toolsets
The applications provide multiple social proof notifications and tools for you to use on your website.
Provely is a collection of social proof tools that helps you collect and display scarcity, urgency, and credibility on your website. Thirteen different tools are available for you.
- Integrates with many existing frameworks and sites
- Many notification tools
- Live conversions notifications
- Low stock notifications
- Urgency notifications
- Countdown/Timer notifications
- Reviews/ratings display
- Live visitor count
- In-line text display
- Announcement notification
- Callback notification
- Social share display
- Coupon notification
- Video display notification
- Optin notification
- Only a 7-day free trial period
- The free account will only show the Live Conversions notification
- Free – up to 100 monthly visitors
- Starter – $19/month
- Growth – $39/month
- Scale – $79/month
Nudgify is another group of social proof tools that has a robust offering and well put together site.
- Live Visitor Count
- Recent Sales
- Recent Sign-Ups
- Real-time Reviews
- Low Stock Notification
- Selling Fast Notification
- Order Soon Notification
- Free Delivery Notification
- 1-Click Discount Notification
- Custom Notification Option
- Only a 7-day free trial period
- Lite – $3/month – 2.000 visitors a month
- Plus – $15/month – 10,000 visitors a month
- Genius – $45/month – 100,000 visitors a month
- Agency – $125/month – 1,000,000 visitors a month
Annual plans have discounted rates.
FOMO (short for Fear of Missing Out) is a combination of social proof tools that allow you easy integration into your existing CRM application and website. They have been around for a while and have a solid technical solution with their service.
- over 100 integrations with popular CRM tools
- Some users mentioned that the ease of use could be improved
- Starter – $19/month – 25,000 notifications/month
- Essential – $39/month – 50,000 notifications/month
- Plus – $79/month – 250,000 notifications/month
- Advanced – $199/month – 3,000,000 notifications/month
14-day free trial period.
All packages are discounted by 30% when billed annually.
Proof lets you easily personalize your website for every visitor to increase conversions. They are a business that started early in the social proof category and is a major player today.
- Zapier integration
- Good analytic reporting
- A/B testing
- Simple to setup
- Higher priced than many competitors
- Basic – $29/month – 1,000 unique visitors
- Pro – $79/month – 10,000 unique visitors
- Business – $129/month – 50,000 unique visitors
- Premium – $199/month – 100,000 unique visitors
- Platinum – $299/month – 300,000 unique visitors
- Enterprise – call for a quote
NotificationX is a social proof plugin tool made specifically for WordPress sites.
- The free version may be enough for many users
- Over 15 notification types
- Sales notification
- Blog comment notification
- Review notification
- Subscribe notification
- Notification bar
- Zapier integration
- Live visitor notification via Google Analytics
- Only for WordPress sites
- Individual – $39/year – 1 site
- Business – $99/year – unlimited sites
- Individual – $299 one-time – unlimited sites
- WPDeveloper Agency Bundle Lifetime – $639 one-time – unlimited sites
If you’re looking for social proof software that can help you increase conversions, TrustPulse is a good option. TrustPulse allows you to add social proof notifications to your website in the form of recent activity feeds and FOMO popups. This helps to increase urgency and encourage visitors to take action.
TrustPulse also offers a number of features that make it easy to use and customize. For example, you can segment your audience so that only relevant messages are shown, and you can choose when and where to display the notifications. TrustPulse is owned by OptInMonster which offers a wide range of additional lead/conversion options.
- Real-time event notifications
- FOMO notifications
- Advanced targeting rules to boost conversions
- Customizable notifications
- Conversion goals analytics
- Easy setup
- Some users thought the UI could be improved
- Basic – $5/month – 2,500 unique visitors
- Plus – $10/month – 10,000 unique visitors
- Pro – $19/month – 25,000 unique visitors
- Growth – $39/month – 100,000 unique visitors
14 day trial period
ProveSource is another social proof software tool that can help you increase conversions. ProveSource allows you to add social proof notifications to your website in the form of the recent activity feed, FOMO popups, and testimonials. This helps to increase urgency and encourage visitors to take action.
Add smart, attractive, and converting social proof notifications to your website or online store, boosting conversions and sales.
- Individual action (signups, purchases, etc.) notifications
- Real-time visitors counter notifications
- Reviews notifications from Google, Facebook, Trustpilot, and other review sources.
- Informational notifications
- Social counter notifications
- Nothing significant noted
- Free – $0 – 1,000 monthly visitors
- Starter – $29/month – 20,000 monthly visitors
- Growth – $54/month – 50,000 monthly visitors
- Monster – $109/month – 200,000 monthly visitors
- Gorilla – $219/month – 500,000 monthly visitors
- Enterprise – call for a quote
Prices are discounted if paid yearly
LetConvert will help drive your users to take actions that matter with the power of FOMO, Social Proof, and Real-Time Alerts! It’s very easy to use and it has a lot of features that allow you to customize the way your social proof notifications are displayed.
- Recent Activity notifications
- Recent conversion/sales notifications
- Live visitor count notifications
- Easily customizable
- Some customers complain that the product has not been updated for some time
- Essential – $5.99/week – 10,000 visitors a month
- Growth – $11.99/week – 30,000 visitors a month
- Business – $24.99/week – 100,000 visitors a month
- 14 days free trial on all plans
- Paying annually has pricing that allows up to 3 months free
GW Notifications states you can increase your website growth by using their notifications, social proof, and Fear of Missing Out widgets. Full disclosure – Gravyware runs this application.
- All notifications allow complete customization and CSS styling
- A/B testing
- Custom HTML option allowing you to create your own notification
- 25 different notification options to use
- Live Counter
- Email Collector
- Conversions Counter
- Video Widget
- Social Share
- Emoji Feedback
- Cookie Notification (GDPR)
- Score Feedback
- Request Collector
- Countdown Collector
- Custom HTML
- Information Bar
- Collector Bar
- Coupon Bar
- Button Bar
- Modal Collector
- Modal Two Collector
- Call to Action
- Text Feedback
- Engagement Links
- Removable branding is only available for the Pro plan or above
- Data collection options are more basic than some competitors
- Free option – 2 notification combinations
- Starter Plan ($9.99/month)
10 notification combinations, 3,000 impressions/month
- Pro Plan ($14.99/month)
25 notification combination, 5,000 impressions/month
- Premium Plan ($29.99/month)
100 notification combinations, 20,000 impressions/month
- Enterprise Plan – call for a quote
Annual plans get two full months free (pay for 10 months, get 12 months)
Evidence allows you to add social proof notifications to your website or blog in just a few minutes. It offers a wide range of features, including the ability to customize the look and feel of your notifications, A/B testing, and integrations with popular email marketing platforms.
- Good user interface
- Quick setup
- Many social proof options
- Some users thought the integrations were too limited
- Some users thought that integrating a data source was trickier than it should be for the average person
- Starter – $40/month – 5,000 visits
- Jump – $40/month – 25,000 visits
- Grow – $40/month – 75,000 visits
- Scale – $40/month – 200,000 visits
- More – call for a quote
- 14 day free trial on all plans
ProofFactor (run by One.Store) is another app that allows you to display social proof on your website. One of the items that makes them unique is that they offer gamified popups. They claim to be able to drastically grow your email list and overall sales by offering discount coupons with these popups.
- Integrates with a wide range of platforms and services
- Multiple Social Proof options
- Live visitor count
- Recent activity
- Exit intent triggers
- Interactive games
- The company seems quiet and secretive which is concerning for a SaaS business
- Pricing is not displayed on the website
Proven by ThemeTrust
Proven is an easy-to-use WordPress plugin that leverages social proof to increase your conversions. It is easy to install and integrates well with WooCommerce, MailChimp, and others.
- Easy to install
- Sales notifications
- Custom notifications
- You’ll need to create the notification template and data source
- Only works with WordPress sites
- 1 site license – $39 – one year of support and updates
- 5 sites license – $59 – one year of support and updates
- unlimited license – $99 – unlimited support and updates
WPfomify is another WordPress plugin that increases conversion rates on your websites by displaying recent interactions, sales, and sign-ups.
- Easy to use and install
- Multiple integration options
- Real-time activity notifications
- Review notifications
- More expensive than some competitors
- Must purchase first, but does have a 14-day free trial
- 1 site license – $99 – one year of support and updates
- unlimited sites license – $299 – one year of support and updates
- unlimited lifetime license – $399 – unlimited support and updates
What are the Best Social Proof Tools?
With so many options, which tool would we recommend? It depends on your needs and budget.
We’ve narrowed it down a little based on what we would choose. Our picks are:
- GW Notifications – Great for many options and low cost
- WPfomify – Great WordPress plugin
- FOMO – Great for the amount of integrations
- Nudgify – Great overall and for many options
- ShopperApproved – Great for reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are social proof tools?
These are tools used by website owners to help increase sales and conversions by showing customers what others have experienced with your products. When people see other individuals performing an action, like using or enjoying one of our services, they are more likely to follow them and purchase or signup themselves.
Why is Social Proof Important?
Trust in transactions online is rapidly declining. Social proof can help you establish trust with your customers, potentially leading them into making purchases from the store through increased conversions on sales and decreases in fraud rates as well!
Social proof can be a powerful tool for increasing trust and credibility when selling online. We all want to know that we’re not alone in our thoughts, feelings, or intentions; social media lets us tap into what others are doing without having any real-life interactions with them! It also lowers barriers by making it easier to just glance at someone else’s purchase history on an e-commerce site – giving you more peace of mind knowing they’ve already done the research so YOU don’t have to spend time figuring out if this company is trustworthy first hand (and their prices might even beat yours).
How Does Social Proof Work?
Studies show that people are more likely to take action when they see others doing so too. Social proof can be used for all sorts of things, like getting your target audience onto an online course or buying a product from you!
Social proof is a way of getting people in your audience go along with what you’re asking or showing them that others have already done so themselves and achieved success as well!
What are the 5 types of social proof?
1) Expert Social Proof
2) Celebrity Social Proof
3) User Social Proof
4) Wisdom of the Crowds Social Proof
5) Wisdom of Your Friends Social Proof
What is an example of social proof?
This could be anything such as positive ratings on review sites or their own personal experiences with the product that they are recommending it also.
Some additional information that may help is the article How The Best Social Proof Software Tools Can Help Increase Conversions and also including trigger emails into your website.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links, which can provide compensation to me at no cost to you if you decide to purchase the product.